Friday, March 9, 2007

two weeks old!!

What an adventure! So far so good! Daddy stayed home with mommy and me for the first week. At three days old, I smiled for my parents. They were so excited (even though it was just gas). At five days old, my cord fell off. Daddy was a little freaked out and thought he could see my intestines so it was off to the pediatrician. Dr. Eberhart checked me out and said that everything looked fine and assured my daddy that the inside of my belly button was not going to spill out my insides. He put some silver nitrate to help dry out the remaining part of my umbilical cord. At seven days old, I had my first submersion bath. I loved it!! At eight days old, I made my first tear.

I'm letting mommy sleep 3 hours in between feedings. She's suppose to be napping when I sleep but she just wants to hold me all day long and stare at me. I can't say I blame her....I am pretty cute!

My grandma Hanna stayed at my house to help mommy after daddy went back to work. I love my grandma's singing. Grandma helps to keep mommy calm especially with the breast feeding.

I am growing bigger everyday. Mommy and daddy think I look different already. My daddy stakes claim that I look more like him everyday. I think I look just like my mommy, though. I guess you'll just have to judge for yourselves!

1 comment:

Flirty Archivist said...

Zoey, you're a genius!! I'm so excited about your new blog!

Much love,
Auntie Rachel